Current workplace trends are suggesting that white office furniture is becoming increasingly popular. It projects a cool and calming environment that makes good use of the light and greets visitors with a certain level of professionalism. All of these highlights have inspired many businesses to take the plunge and kit their offices with white chairs, desks, storage units as well as modular office furniture choices too.
When furnishing a new or refurbished office it’s important to consider style functionality and comfort. The level of choice in office furniture now is huge, with all sorts of chairs, desks and storage units available in a multitude of sizes, shapes, colours and price ranges so it’s important to do your research to determine exactly what your requirements are.
With research and planning in mind, many businesses have found themselves stuck on whether purchasing white office furniture is right for them. Today we will outline the pros and cons for doing so to help you make your final decision!
The Advantages of White Office Furniture
- Easy to Clean – White office furniture is going to make it very easy to spot dirty marks and smears. Whilst this can be taken as a disadvantage on the bright side it could inspire users to keep it much cleaner and tidier. Nobody likes looking at a mess, least of all visitors and prospective clients. Businesses want to make a good first impression and there isn’t a better first impression than stepping into a clean and tidy office. Another plus to more frequent cleaning is the level of hygiene increase makes it less likely for germs and bacteria to be passed around the office potentially increasing your sickness rate within your team.
- White Furniture Reflects the Light – Light coloured furniture reflects the light from above making the room appear much brighter. Working in a dark, dingy office all day could dampen the spirits of your employees. People feel much more enthusiastic and upbeat when they are in contact with natural light. Adding white furniture could decrease those dreary days and welcome much more happy productive days!
- Modern and Stylish – Walking into a modern and stylish office can also set a great first impression to visitors and clients. It can really help boost the overall image of your business. Employees working in a space that they feel good about being in makes them feel inspired to maintain that work space and to work hard. Not only is it great for the employees but for the company too. A productive workforce means more money for the business
- Versatility – White pretty much matches with any colour you choose so if you fancied changing your office by repainting you wouldn’t necessarily have to change the furniture as well making refurbishment options a lot more cost effective. For instance, if you choose to buy a white reception desk, you can choose to paint your walls a light colour, dark colour or any kind of wallpaper you like. The choices are endless!
- Promotes a Calming Environment – There is a lot of evidence to suggest that certain colours can affect your mood. For example, blues and greens are known to be calming and stress relieving whilst fire can bring out passion in you! White is an ethereal colour and is good for reflecting light which makes it calming, setting a tone that will enable your employees to remain stress free and be able to focus much easier on their work.
Even if you wanted to mix white walls with a darker coloured accent you can still promote that calming atmosphere by having the furniture in white too.
- Flexibility and Easy to Find – As mentioned earlier not only is white furniture easily matched to different colours and styles, with its increase in popularity it is becoming much more easily sourced in many finishes and price ranges which makes it a cost-effective option when furnishing your office.
A lot of people are choosing to base themselves in a home office nowadays and it’s worth mentioning that white office furniture makes a great addition to the home as well! As it is so versatile and easy to maintain it would fit into many home décor designs without having to change anything around.
To purchase white office furniture contact us on 0845 450 8095 or order white office furniture by viewing the full collection online. We have a dedicated sales team on hand who can help you maximize